Lumix® G VARIO 7-14mm/F4.0 ASPH. Lens
Panasonic 7-14mm Lens for select LUMIX Digital Cameras
Micro Four Thirds Digital Interchangeable Lens
LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm/F4.0 ASPH.
Featuring Ultra Wide Angle in Compact Size
Interchangeable ultra wide-angle zoom lens, LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm/F4.0 ASPH. In spite of its impressive wide-angle zoom range of 7-14mm (35mm camera equivalent; 14-28mm), the lens is surprisingly compact and lightweight for casual on-the-go use.
Taking advantage of its wide, 114-degree angle of view, users can easily fit subjects into the frame even when shooting indoors where the distance is limited. The world looks extraordinary when viewed through the new lens, allowing photos and movies to be recorded with a uniquely rich perspective.
This high-performance lens system achieves outstanding compactness by combining 16 lens elements in 12 groups, including two aspherical lenses and four ED lenses. Image resolution is high from corner-to-corner even at the wide-angle setting. It also features F4.0 brightness over the entire zoom range thanks to its large-diameter glass molded lens elements.
When mounted on LUMIX G Micro System Camera, the lens allows use of the advanced contrast AF system, which includes a Face Recognition function, for more convenient, more enjoyable shooting. Seven blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces an attractively smooth effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings.
The LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm/F4.0 ASPH. lens also features a highly reliable metal mount, and uses multi-coated lens elements that minimize ghosts and flare to further enhance its optical performance. The optimally designed lens hood enables use even under strong sunlight.
- Tracking focus in video recording with silent auto focus and exposure control The firmware update to ver. 1.1 is recommended for more comfortable HD video recording. http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/
- 2 aspherical lenses and 4 ED lenses for superb optical performance
- Ultra wide-angle with 114° of diagonal angle of view at wide-end
- F4.0 brightness over the entire zoom range thanks to its large-diameter glass molded lens elements
- Contrast AF system support
- Circular aperture diaphragm
- Multi-coated lens elements minimize ghosts and flare
- Durable metal mount
- The optimally designed lens hood enables use even under strong sunlight
- Light from the built-in flash of the camera may be blocked and cause shading areas in the resulting picture depending on the shooting condition.
- Due to the ultra wide angle field of view (35mm camera equivalent: 14-28mm), peripheral vignetting may appear when the built-in flash of the camera is used.
- Lens Construction 16 elements in 12groups (2 Aspherical lenses, 4 ED lenses)
- Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
- Optical Image Stabilizer No
- Focal Length f=7mm to 14mm (35mm camera equivalent 14mm to 28mm)
- Aperture Type 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
- Aperture F4.0
- Minimum Aperture F22
- Closest Focusing Distance 0.25m / 0.8ft at all focal lengths
- Maximum Magnification Apporox. 0.08x / 0.15x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Diagonal Angle of View 114° (W) ˜ 75° (T)
- Max. Diameter 75mm / 2.95 in
- Standard Accessory Lens Cap, Lens Rear Cap, Lens Storage Bag
- Overall Length (inches) Approx. 83.1mm / 3.27 in (from top of the lens hood to the base side of the lens mount)
- Recommended Humidity 40%RH to 60%RH
- Weight 10.58 oz
Hoods + Caps
You May Also Like