SAVE WITH PURCHASE!
For a limited time save 20% on the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan.
Panasonic has teamed up with Adobe to offer exclusive savings on the worlds best photography tools.
For a limited time, when you purchase a qualifying LUMIX camera or lens, you will receive 20% off of the Creative Cloud Photography Plan (good for one year)
How it works: Once your qualifying order ships, you will receive an email with your individual activation link to purchase your software.
LUMIX® G X VARIO 12-35mm / F2.8 ASPH. Lens
- Professional grade X Series 12-35mm F2.8 zoom lens
- Moisture and dust sealed metal body and mount
- Ultra ED (UED) chromatic aberration reduction glass
- 4 Aspherical lens elements
- POWER O.I.S with near silent drive optimized for video and still capture
- Premium extra-low refractive index Nano Surface Coating (NSC).
The Panasonic LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm (H-HS12035) represents a next step in digital interchangeable zoom lens design for LUMIX G Series cameras. It’s the first Lumix G VARIO constant F2.8 zoom suitable for professionals and enthusiasts capturing a wide range of scenes from dynamic landscapes to available light and studio lit portraits.
X Series Design
Panasonic’s long time collaboration with Leica inspired a uniquely LUMIX in-house design for a premium lens series exclusively for LUMIX G Series Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. With the X Series Lenses, LUMIX is blending its own unique mix of broadcast video and advanced mirrorless camera technologies into a premium lens line. In several X Series models LUMIX blended forward looking features like advanced near silent Power Zoom (PZ Models) and advanced POWER O.I.S. support for improved video capture. The 12-35mm X lens features a professional grade constant aperture in a compact sealed body design suitable for professional studio photography. (LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm, H-HS12035, 35mm camera equivalent: 24-70mm).
Nano Surface Coating
The LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm / F2.8 lens incorporates Panasonic’s unique Nano Surface Coating technology which minimizes reflections through the entire visual range (380nm-780nm), resulting in a dramatic reduction of ghosts and flare for extremely clear picture quality.
Travel Light and Protected from Natures Elements
Boasting outstanding compactness, the LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm / F2.8 lens is approximately 73.8mm in length and 10.76oz in weight, resulting in extreme mobility. Additionally with a rubber ring on the lens mount, the new lens is designed to stand against moisture and dust making it ideal for outdoor photography enthusiasts. A highly reliable metal mount endures long time use.
Professional Grade Glass
The LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm / F2.8 lens system is comprised of 14 lenses in 9 groups. The UED (Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion) glass minimizes chromatic aberration while the UHR (Ultra High Refractive) lens realizes high descriptive performance from corner to corner. Featuring high contrast and resolution from the center to corner at entire zoom range, the new LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm/F2,8 ASPH./POWER O.I.S. lens has the ability to capture the details of scenery or portrait with rich perspective.
Advanced Focusing and Aperture Blade Design
The lens’ superior inner focus system provides for excellent resolution and contrast without changing the overall length from full life-size magnification to infinity. Seven blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces an attractively smooth defocus effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings. When mounted on any LUMIX G Micro System camera body, users can take advantage of the high-speed, high-precisions Contrast AF (Autofocus) system.
POWER O.I.S. for Improved HD Video Support
The lens’ integrates POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) which effectively compensates for both small, fast movement and large, slow movement, making it easy to shoot extremely clear photos even in low-lit situations such as at night or indoors. Adopting an inner focus system driven by a stepping motor, the lens’ superior design provides smooth and near silent focusing action which is ideal for both picture and video recording.
- Lens Construction 14 elements in 9 groups (4 aspherical lenses , 1 UED lens, 1 UHR lens)
- Nano Surface Coating Yes
- Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
- Optical Image Stabilizer Yes (POWER O.I.S.)
- Focal Length f=12-35mm (35mm camera equivalent 24-70mm)
- Aperture Type 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
- Maximum Aperture F2.8
- Minimum Aperture F22
- Closest Focusing Distance 0.25m / 0.82ft
- Maximum Magnification Approx. 0.17x / 0.34x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Diagonal Angle of View 84°(Wide) to 34°(TELE)
- Filter Size 58mm / 2.3in
- Max. Diameter 67.6mm / 2.7in
- Overall Length Approx. 73.8mm / 2.9in (from the top of the lens hood to the base side of the lens mount)
- Weight Approx. 305g / 10.8oz (excluding lens cap and lens rear cap)
- Standard Accessories Lens cap, Lens hood, Lens rear cap, Lens storage bag
You May Also Like
In Stock$1,599.99 $1,399.99
In Stock$899.99 $699.99
In Stock$1,499.99 $1,299.99
In Stock$2,299.99 $1,799.99
In Stock$999.99 $499.99