FV-08VKME3 WhisperGreen LED™ 80 CFM Ceiling Mounted Ventilation Fan with DC Motor and LED Light SmartAction® Motion Sensor
This item is currently not available.
WhisperGreen LED™ 80 CFM Ceiling Mounted Ventilation Fan with DC Motor and LED Light SmartAction® Motion Sensor
LED Lighting WhisperGreen LED™ models feature a flush mount grille that incorporates a 12-Watt and 1-Watt ENERGY STAR® rated LED bulb and nightlight. Panasonic's advanced LED technology lasts 5 times longer and is 75% more efficient than incandescent lamps and last at least 35 times longer. In addition, our LED light fixtures do not contribute to mercury waste when disposed. DC Motor for Lower Energy Consumption Panasonic WhisperGreen LED ventilation fans are more energy efficient than ENERGY STAR® requirements.
SmartFlow™ Optimum CFM Technology
With SmartFlow technology, WhisperGreen LED is designed to perform as rated and provide easier installation. When the fan faces static pressure, its speed is automatically increased to ensure optimal CFM output. The installer also no longer has to worry about compromising the fan's performance. CustomVent™ Variable Speed Control WhisperGreen LED is able to run continuously at a pre-set lower level (0-70 CFM). The fan then elevates to a maximum level of operation (80 CFM) when the switch is turned on, or the SmartAction® motion sensor is activated. A High/Low Delay Timer returns the fan to the pre-set CFM level after a period of time set by the user, making this the ideal solution for continuous whole house ventilation.
SmartAction® Motion Sensor (FV-08VKME3)
The built-in SmartAction motion sensor automatically activates when someone enters the room. Once the settings have been applied, the fan becomes truly automatic, making it ideal for people with disabilities and assisted living environments such as nursing homes and retirement communities.
LED - The Evolution of Lighting
LED stands for light-emitting diode. LEDs are tiny light sources that give off light when an electrical current moves through a semiconducting material.
In the next 20 years, LED lighting in the United States could*
- Reduce electricity demands from lighting by 33 percent.
- Eliminate 570 million metric tons of carbon emissions.
- Avoid 40 new power plants.
- Save as much as $265 billion in energy costs.
*Numbers based on analysis by D&R International Ltd, 2009.
LED - More Light, Less Heat
LED (Light Emitting Diodes)
The movement of electrons through a semiconductor material illuminates the tiny light sources we call LEDs. A small amount of heat is released backwards into a heat sink. In a well designed product, LEDs are basically cool to the touch. LEDs release 20% of their energy as heat.
* LEDs use less power (watts) per unit of light generated (lumens). LEDs help reduce greenhouse gas emissions from power plants and lower electric bills.
** Operating costs for recessed down lights are annual and assume three hours of use per day for typical residential use, and an average utility rate of $0.108 per kWh.
Source: ENERGY STAR
Compact Fluorescents (CFLs)
Use an electric current driven through a tube containing gases. This reaction produces ultraviolet light that gets transformed into visible light by the fluorescent coating (called phosphor) on the inside of the tube. CFLs release 80% of their energy as heat.
Incandescent light bulbs
Create light by passing electricity through a metal filament until it becomes so hot that it glows. Incandescents release 90% of their energy as heat.
- Motor Type DC
- Type of Motor Bearing Ball
- Thermal Fuse Protection Yes
- Blower Wheel Type Sirocco
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified Yes
- Duct Diameter (Inches) 4 & 6
- Mounting Opening (Inches sq.) 10-1/2
- Grille Size (Inches sq.) 13
- SmartAction Motion Sensor Yes
- High / Low Delay Timer Yes
- CustomVent Variable Speed Control Yes
- SmartFlow Optimum CFM Technology Yes
- Lamp Watts 12
- Color Rendering Index 80
- Color Temperature (Kelvin) 3000K
- Rated Life (hours) 40,000
- Lamp Model # SS12
- Night Light Specs Night Light Watts 1
- Shipping Gross Weight (lbs) 11.7
- UL tub/Shower Enclosure Yes
- Washington VIAQ Code Yes
- California Title 24 Compliant Yes
- Mfg in ISO 9001 Certified Facility Yes