LUMIX® DMC-TS20 16.1 Megapixel Digital CameraModel: DMC-TS20D
- 16ft Waterproof, 5ft Shockproof, 14°F Freezeproof, Dustproof
- HD Video Recording in MP4 Format
- Mega O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer)
Welcome to the Panasonic Store Locator
Find a Store
The stores below carry the product you are looking for. Visit the location to see first hand how Panasonic is engineering a better world for you. In-store product availability may vary, we recommend checking availability with the store location.
To see a store near you,
please see our store locator.
A Casual Stylish Rugged Design
Featuring a flat and slim profile that was made possible by using folded optics for the 4x optical zoom* lens unit, the DMC-TS20 is incredibly tough. It lets you save precious memories in the most suitable form – videos or photos –. Enjoy easy, casual shooting with style both in town and during outdoor adventures. The DMC-TS20 is optimal for both.
* 35mm camera equivalent: 25-100mm
With waterproof performance to a depth of 5m equivalent to the "IPX8" and "IP6X" standard, the DMC-TS20 supports active shooting on a beach, underwater or in a pool. If the camera gets dirty, soil and dust can be washed off by using water.
The DMC-TS20 is shockproof from a height up to 1.5m in accordance with the "MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock" test standard. It lets you shoot actively while moving around with the camera in one hand.
The DMC-TS20 is dustproof equivalent to the "IPX8" and "IP6X" standard. While hiking or playing sports, fine dust particles can enter through gaps in the camera body and cause malfunction. The DMC-TS20 can be used in these activities without problems.
With freezeproof to -10 degrees C, the DMC-TS20 supports shooting while skiing, snowboarding or skating.
4 Active Outdoor Scene Modes
The DMC-TS20 has 4 active outdoor Scene Modes – Sports, Snow, Beach & Surf, and Underwater – that can be selected easily and quickly from the menu, ensuring that you don't miss sudden shooting opportunities.
2.7-inch Intelligent LCD with AR Coating
The DMC-TS20's 2.7-inch LCD features 230K-dot Intelligent LCD. It automatically adjusts the brightness in 11 steps according to shooting conditions. In addition, the AR (anti-reflective) coating LCD minimizes glare and provides clear images, for high visibility even in outdoor brightness.
About Waterproof / Dustproof performance of the camera
This camera’s waterproof/dustproof rating complies with the “IPX8” and “IP6X” ratings. Provided the care and maintenance guidelines described in this document are strictly followed, this camera can operate underwater, to a depth not exceeding 5 m (16 feet) for a time not exceeding 60 minutes.*1
This camera also complies with “MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock”. The camera has cleared a drop test from a height of 1.5 m (5 feet) onto 3 cm (0.1 feet) thick plywood. In most cases this camera should not sustain any damage if dropped from a height not exceeding 1.5 m (5 feet).*2
This does not guarantee no destruction, no malfunction, or waterproofing in all conditions.
*1 This means that the camera can be used underwater for specified time in specified pressure in accordance with the handling method established by Panasonic.
*2 “MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock” is the test method standard of the U.S. Defense Department, which specifies performing drop tests from a height of 122 cm (4 feet), at 26 orientations (8 corners, 12 ridges, 6 faces) using 5 sets of devices, and passing the 26 orientation drops within 5 devices. (If failure occurs during the test, a new set is used to pass the drop orientation test within a total of 5 devices)
Panasonic’s test method is based on the above “MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock”.
However, the drop height was changed from 122 cm (4 feet) to 150 cm (5 feet) dropping onto 3 cm (0.1 feet) thick plyboard. This drop test was passed. (Disregarding appearance change such as loss of paint or distortion of the part where drop impact is applied.)
Handling of the camera
• Waterproofing is not guaranteed if the unit is subject to an impact as a result of being hit or dropped etc. If an impact to the camera occurs, it should be inspected (subject to a fee) by a Panasonic’s Service Centre to verify that the waterproofing is still effective.
• When the camera is splashed with detergent, soap, hot spring, bath additive, sun oil, sun screen, chemical, etc., wipe it off immediately.
• Waterproof function of the camera is for sea water and fresh water only.
• Any malfunction caused by customer misuse, or mishandling will not be covered by the warranty.
• The inside of this unit is not waterproof. Water leakage will cause malfunction.
• Supplied accessories are not waterproof (excluding strap).
• Card and battery are not waterproof. Do not handle with a wet hand. Also, do not insert wet card or battery into the camera.
• Do not leave the camera for a long period of time in places where temperature is very low (at ski resorts or at high altitude etc.) or very high [above 40°C (104°F)], inside a car under strong sunlight, close to a heater, on the beach, etc. Waterproof performance may be degraded
• Availability of models, colors, product number (DMC-TS20 or DMC-FT20), product design and optional accessories may differ depending on the country. Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region.
• SDXC Logo is a trademark of SD-3C,LLC.
• SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats.
• If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site.
• iPhoto, Mac, and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Works with iPhoto logo is a trademark of Apple Inc.
MP4 HD Video Recording
The DMC-TS20 can record HD motion images (1,280 x 720 pixels) in MP4 format. A special, dedicated button lets you instantly start recording videos while shooting photos without having to make any extra settings.
In addition, a 4x optical zoom is available in video recording.
* The video is optimized for web view by file conversion.
• Motion pictures in [MP4] can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds. • Also, motion picture recorded continuously in [MP4] is up to 4 GB. • Use a card with SD Speed Class* with "Class 4" or higher when recording videos. * SD Speed Class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing. • The length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. • SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats. • If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site. http://panasonic.net/avc/sdcard/information/SDXC.html
MEGA O.I.S. with Active Mode
For more effective countermeasure against blur, the Active Mode is equipped with the DMC-TS20 for an option of image stabilization in video recording. This mode is especially effective in active video recording such as shooting while walking.
MEGA O.I.S. – Shake Detection
The MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) compensates for the blurring caused by hand-shake. Even slight hand-shake movement is accurately detected by a sampling frequency of 4,000 times per second, and compensated to produce sharp, clear images.
The MEGA O.I.S. is effective for scenes like these.
In Dimly Lit Rooms
Blurry Underwater Shots
iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode
In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment. You just press, aim and shoot. The detection and correction functions go to work to give you beautiful photos and videos with maximum ease.
Shake Detection - MEGA O.I.S.*1
Gyrosensors detect hand-shaking and the O.I.S. lens shifts to compensate, helping prevent blurring caused by hand-shaking.
Motion Detection – Intelligent ISO Control*1
The Intelligent ISO Control function detects subject movement and automatically adjusts the ISO setting and shutter speed to best suit the movement and light conditions.
The Face Recognition function remembers faces that have been registered in the camera and provides the faces with optimal focus and exposure.
Face Detection - Face Detection AF/AE*1
The Face Detection function detects faces anywhere in the frame and automatically chooses the optimal focus and exposure. The Face Detection also features the Digital Red-eye Correction (Red-eye Removal).
Subject Detection - AF Tracking
Once you focus on your subject, the AF Tracking automatically and continuously tracks it and keeps it in focus and proper exposure.
Scene Detection - Intelligent Scene Selector*3
The Intelligent Scene Selector senses the ambient conditions and automatically selects one of Scene Modes: Photo (Scenery, Portrait, Macro, Night Portrait*4, Night Scenery or Sunset), Video (Scenery, Portrait, Macro or Low Light).
The Happy Mode optimizes color, saturation and brightness to make images more vivid and true to the color of the scene you remember.
Light Detection - Intelligent Exposure*1
The Intelligent Exposure corrects the brightness in parts of the image that are too dark due to insufficient lighting, backlighting or use of the flash. This produces natural images that are close to the way they actually look to the human eyes.
*1 The MEGA O.I.S., Intelligent ISO Control, Face Detection AF/AE, and Intelligent Exposure are automatically turned on in the iA Mode and can be turned on or off in the Normal Picture Mode or some Scene Modes.
*2 Turn the Face Recognition ON and register the person with full-face portrait on the shooting menu in advance.
Recognition performance varies greatly depending on shooting conditions, i.e., according to factors such as angles, facial expression and lighting, so operation under all conditions cannot be guaranteed. Because the camera searches for faces that are similar to registered faces, there are cases where the faces are not correctly recognized when the registered image and the shooting image varies much. When facial characteristics are similar, particularly between parents and their children or brothers and sisters, the camera may not distinguish the faces.
*3 With some subject and shooting conditions, it is just not possible to judge the best shooting details. When this happens, it is recommended that you shoot with the Scene Mode that best suits your purpose.
*4 In the iA Mode, the Night Portrait is not identified when the flash is turned off.
25mm Ultra Wide-angle Lens
The 16.1-megapixel high-resolution DMC-TS20 features a 25mm wide-angle lens* with 4x optical zoom (35mm equivalent: 25-100mm). The 25mm ultra wide-angle lens has about twice the shooting area as a standard 35mm lens. This enhances all kinds of shooting situations, like when you're photographing a group of people at an indoor party or shooting a large structure or sweeping landscape while traveling.
* Converted to standard 35mm camera equivalent, at the wide-end.
8x Intelligent Zoom
The Intelligent Zoom is an extensive zoom function using digital zoom, however, you can even draw the subject 2x closer than the original optical zoom with minimum deterioration of image quality thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology. This means the 4x optical can virtually extend to 8x equivalent.
The Miniature Effect Mode in which the peripherals are defocused while saturation and contrast is emphasized to look the picture like a diorama.
The video recorded is played back in 10x fast-forwarding making it more comical to watch*.
* Sound will not be recorded with Miniature Effect and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long)
The Panorama Shot Mode makes it is possible to shoot a horizontal / vertical panoramic image with consequent shots taken by overlaying the previous image.
The Auto Retouch function adjusts contrast and brightness to give different impression to the photo with just a press of a button. Appropriate retouch is automatically applied depending on the image – if the image was shot too dark, it can be clear and bright to look it nicer with this function.
These functions are also available.
Sonic Speed AF: This gives the camera super high-speed response that helps to catch even the most fleeting photo opportunities.
4 Aspect Ratios: In addition to 4:3, 3:2, and 16:9, you can shoot with a 1:1 aspect ratio.
LUMIX Image Uploader: You can upload images to Facebook™ (photos and videos) and YouTube™ (videos) with simple operation.
Battery Life: The energy-saving Venus Engine and the efficient, rechargeable lithium-ion battery let you take approx. 250 shots on a single battery charge*.* Based on the CIPA standard.
Built-in Memory 70MB: The built-in memory provides extra memory when your memory card fills up.
PHOTOfunSTUDIO: The PHOTOfunSTUDIO smartly sorts your photos and videos into practical folders for quick, easy management.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP YOUClick on the links below to reveal contact information.