LUMIX XS1: Super Slim Creative Pocketable CameraModel: DMC-XS1R
The razor thin Panasonic DMC-XS1 compact camera is small enough to fit in your pocket, with creative controls to personalize your pictures. Achieve high quality pictures and video from a super slim stylish camera. The 5x optical zoom and 24mm ultra wide-angle lens give you the versatility to shoot near and far making it great for travel. You can express yourself easier than ever with 13 in-camera creative effects and shoot amazing HD video making this the perfect pocket-able camera.
Compact and Slim Pocket-Able Camera
The World’s Slimmest Body*
The DMC-XS1 boasts the world’s slimmest body*profile, thanks to Panasonic’s advanced optical design and development technology, and an eye-catching two-colored design. Photo and video data are recorded in ultra-small microSD/SDHC Memory Cards, the same cards accepted by most major smartphones.
*For a digital camera with optical 5x retractable zoom lens and Optical Image Stabilizer as of January 7, 2013.
5X Wide-Angle Optically Stabilized Zoom
24mm Ultra Wide-Angle Lens
The DMC-XS1 features a 24mm ultra wide-angle lens* with a 5x optical zoom (35mm equivalent: 24-120mm) in a razor thin body. The 24mm ultra wide-angle lens gives you a wider range of composition possibilities with approximately 213% larger viewing space compared to that of a 35mm camera.
*Converted to standard 35mm camera equivalent at the wide-end.
8x Intelligent Zoom
When you need to get even closer to your subject, the Intelligent Zoom is an extensive zoom function that uses digital zoom technology with minimum deterioration of image quality. The 5x optical zoom can virtually extend to an 8x zoom equivalent.
MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer)
The MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) compensates for hand-shake that causes blurred photos. Even slight hand-shake movement is accurately detected and compensated for to produce sharp, clear images.
Dimly Lit Rooms
Macro Shots / Zoom Shots
Create Amazing Photos With 13 In-Camera Creative Effects
Creative Control/Creative Retouch
Panasonic is ready to take the ordinary and make it extraordinary by fueling your creativity with the Creative Control feature (in the recording mode) and the Creative Retouch feature (in the playback mode). These features take simple or complicated scenes and make them easy to capture in a great photo. Simply set the camera to match your scene and it uses sophisticated presets to optimize the camera settings resulting in photos you’ll be proud of.
Panorama Mode makes it possible to shoot a 360-degree horizontal/vertical panoramic image with consecutive shots, by overlaying the previous picture. The multiple images are stitched together to create one single wide image capturing your scene. Panasonic has developed the industry’s first Creative Panorama functions. Discover 11 filter effects that will take your panorama images to the next level with creative and dramatic results.
iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode
In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment. Simply aim, press, and shoot. The detection and correction functions go to work to give you beautiful photos and videos*.
*The applicable iA Mode functions vary with photos and videos.
HD Video Capture
720p HD Video Recording
The DMC-XS1 records HD video in Motion JPEG format (1,280 x 720 pixels at 30 fps). Video recording can be easily started with the press of the Motion Picture Button making it convenient for switching between photo and video shooting instantly.
• QuickTime Motion JPEG. • Some lens movement sounds may be recorded. • In Motion Picture Mode, the length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. (Up to the equivalent of 2 GB per video recording.) • Motion pictures can be recorded continuously up to 2 GB. The maximum available recording time for up to 2 GB only is displayed on the screen. • Use a card with SD Speed Class*with “Class 6” or higher when recording motion images. • SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats. • If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) • SDXC Logo is a trademark of SD-3C,LLC.
*SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
Sonic Speed AF
The DMC-XS1 is ready to shoot when you are. With its quick start-up time and Sonic Speed AF, the DMC-XS1 helps you to never miss a moment.
AC / USB Battery Charging
The DMC-XS1 complies with USB power charging in addition to the conventional AC power supply. The efficient, rechargeable lithium-ion battery lets you take approximately 260 shots on a single battery charge*.
*Based on the CIPA standard.
State-Of-The-Art Features And Technologies
- The Intelligent LCD automatically adjusts the brightness in 11 steps according to shooting conditions.
- In addition to 4:3, 3:2, and 16:9, you can shoot with a unique, square-shaped 1:1 aspect ratio.
- A total of 14 Scene Modes set the most appropriate parameter in wide-ranging situations.
- The 90MB built-in memory provides extra memory when your memory card fills up.
- The PHOTOfunSTUDIO smartly sorts your images into practical folders for quick, easy management.
- 9-area AF
- Quick AF
- Copy Setting
- Focus Range Display
- World Time Setting
- Slideshow with Music
- Category Selection
- 12/30 Thumbnails Display
- Calendar Display
- Set Favorites
- DPOF Print Setting
- Set Protection
- PictBridge Compatible
WE'RE HERE TO HELP YOUClick on the links below to reveal contact information.