Expandable Phone/1 Handset with Camera
- Easily see who's calling with 3.5" LCD handset display
- Handset includes 0.3-MP camera for photos and video chat
- Instantly sync your Bluetooth® headset to the phone
- Integrate home phone and smartphones on your WiFi network
- Download and enjoy your favorite apps from Google™ Play
- Replacement Accessories
- Color W[White]
- Frequency 1.9 GHz
- Frequency Range 1.92 GHz - 1.93 GHz
- Number of Channels 60 Channels
- System DECT6.0
- Number of Phone Lines 1
- Multiple Handsets Capability Up to 6 Handsets
- Multiple Base Units Capability -
- LCD Language Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English(United Kingdom), English(United States), Estonian, Finnish, French(Canada), French(France), German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish(European), Spanish(Latin), Swedish, Turkish
- Wi-Fi® Connection Y (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n)
- Android™ OS Version 4.0.4
- Power Saving
- Intelligent ECO Mode Y
- Smartphone Connect
- Smartphone Connect -
- Multiple Smartphones Capability -
- Supported Devices -
- Wireless Network Standard -
- Simplified Configuration -
- Easy Wi-Fi Setup Button -
- Wi-Fi Repeater Mode -
- Phonebook Copy from Smartphone -
- Ringtone Copy from Smartphone -
- Wallpaper Image Copy from Smartphone -
- Conference Call with Outside Landline and Smartphone -
- Transfering Landline Call (between Smartphone and Handsets) -
- Playing Aanswering System Messages -
- Link-to-Cell -
- Mobile Registration Number -
- Simultaneous Communication -
- Ring as Cell Mode -
- Text Message Alert -
- Talking Text Sender Alert -
- Device Battery Charging -
- Smartphone Docking Station
- Smartphone Stand -
- Stereo Speaker -
- Compatible Devices of Battery Charging -
- Playing Music from a Bluetooth Device -
- Music Player Remote Control by DECT Handset -
- Key Detector Compatible Y
- Multiple Key Detector Capability Up to 4 Key Detector
- Range Extender Available Y
- Range Boost -
- Noise Reduction -
- Customized Sound System (Equalizer) -
- Compatible with Hearing Aid T-Coil (TIA-1083 Compliant) -
- Power Back-Up Operation -
- Baby Monitor -
- Smart Function Key -
- Any Key Answer -
- Silent Mode Y
- Bypassing Silent Mode (Specified Phonebook Group) -
- Voice Mail Y
- Voice Mail Alert (Light-Up Indicator on Handset) -
Conference Call with Outside Line
- Barge In (Call Share) Y
- Intercom (Handset to Base Unit) -
- Intercom (Handset to Handset) Y
- Intercom All -
- Clock Y
- Calendar/Scheduler Y
- Alarm (Wake-up / Memo alarm) Y/Y
- Advanced Alarm (A day of the week / Snooze) Y/Y
- Bluetooth® Headset Capability (HSP Support) Y
- Bluetooth Audio Headphone/Speaker Capability (A2DP Support) Y
- Google Play™ Support Y
- Caller ID/Phonebook
- Caller ID Y
- Caller ID Memory 50 items
- Call Waiting Caller ID Y
- Category Ringer / Ringer ID -
- Talking Caller ID (Handset) -
- Talking Caller ID (Base Unit) -
- Talking Caller ID Language -
- Call Block Y(100 numbers)
- Handset Phonebook Memory (Name/Number) Unlimited(Unlimited/Unlimited)
- Base Unit Phonebook Memory (Name/Number) -
- Phonebook Copy from Cellular Phone via Bluetooth Y
- Speed Dial (Handset) Y
- Speed Dial (Base Unit) -
- Chain Dial -
FullDot TFT Color
320x480 pixels (HVGA)
- LCD Backlight Color White
- Touchscreen Y (Capacitive touch screen)
- Front Camera Y (0.3 M pixels)
- Rear Camera -
- LED Flash -
- GPS Y
- SD Memory Card Slot Y (microSD, microSDHC up to 32 GB)
- USB Jack Y (Micro USB))
- USB Version 2.0
- Lighted Handset Keypad White
- Speakerphone (Volume Steps) Y(6-step)
- Ringer Pattern (Tone+Melody) 61(0+61)
- Ringer Volume Steps 7+OFF
- Receiver Volume Steps 4
- Redial Memory Unlimited(Name & Number)
- Ringer Indicator (Color) -
- Charge Indication (Color) Y(Amber)
- Hold Y
- Music on Hold -
- Mute Y
- Flash Y
- Headset Jack Y
- Reversible Handset Charging -
- Rubber Grip -
- Wall Mountable (Charger) -
- Base Unit
- Dial Keypad -
- Corded Handset (Power Outage Operation) -
- Display -
- Speakerphone (Volume Steps) -
- Ringer Pattern (Tone+Melody) -
- Ringer Volume Steps -
- Redial Memory -
- Locates Cell -
- Hold -
- Music on Hold -
- Mute -
- Flash -
- Handset Locator Y
- Headset Jack -
- Wall Mountable Y
- Answering System
- Answering System Y
- Total Recording Time About 38 min
- 2-Line Answering System Operation -
- Optional greeting message for each line -
- Programmable greeting message by time setting -
- Fast-Forwarding and Rewinding Message -
- Audible Message Alert Y(Handset)
- Message Alert (Light-Up Indicator on Handset) -
- New Message Notification by a Call Y
- Announcement Language of New Message Notification English, Spanish
- Visual Message List (Handset LCD) Y
- Recording Conversation -
- Speaker Volume Steps(Base Unit Speaker) -
- Call Screening (Handset) Y
- Call screening (Base Unit) -
- Language of Pre-recorded Greeting Message English, Spanish
- Remote Operation from Handset Y
- Remote Operation from Outside (DTMF) Y
- Toll Saver (New Messages Recorded / No New Message) 2/5
- Key Detector Included (Quantity) -
- Range Extender Included -
- Belt Clip Included -
- Optional Handset
- Optional Handset Y(KX-PRXA10)
- Rechargeable Battery Li-ion
- Talk Time Up to 10 hours
- Standby Time Up to 220 hours (9 days)
- Charge Time About 5 hours
- Power Consumption
- Base Unit Standby Power Consumption 0.4 W
- Charger Standby Power Consumption 0.1 W
Base Unit Dimensions
(W x D x H) Approx. 119 mm x 45 mm x 88 mm
(W x D x H) Approx. 62 mm x 14 mm x 117 mm
(W x D x H) Approx. 72 mm x 52 mm x 60 mm
Key Detector Dimensions
(W x D x H) -
(W x D x H) -
- Base Unit Weight Approx. 120 g
- Handset Weight with Battery Approx. 140 g
- Charger Weight Approx. 50 g
- Key Detector Weight -
- Range Extender Weight -
If I buy two bases attached to the same phone number, will I be able to call one base (or its handsets) with the other?
No. Only intercom calling among handsets registered to the same base are possible.
I want to talk to 2 external numbers on my one line phone. What is "three way calling" and how do I perform this?
A Three way call is a phone call in which the person who is calling wishes to talk to two other parties. It is a service offered by phone companies which allows you to call a party and by pressing the [Flash] button it allows you to receive another dial tone to call another phone number. Pressing [Flash] again will join all three parties together.
I took the batteries out of the handset just for a second and when I put them back in, the low battery icon flashes and the screen displays "charge for 7h". Is this normal?
This is normal. When the batteries are taken out, the handset loses track of how much the batteries are charged. You may use the phone normally, but the battery indication will not be accurate until charged for about 7 hours.
I have stored a number on my answering machine for message alert call, how do I turn it on?
On the handset press [MENU] then the pound sign [#]. Press    Scroll to "On/Off" then press [SELECT]. Scroll to "On" then press [SAVE].
I have programmed the date and time on my phone but the information changes. Why does the date and time change automatically?
If you are subscribed to Caller ID from your phone company, the unit's date and time setting will be automatically adjusted when caller information is received. If you do not wish for this feature to work, press [MENU] [#]    on the handset, then press  to select "Manual" and press [SAVE]
I have blocked a certain phone number on my Panasonic phone system but the unit still rings when that number calls, why?
If you do not want the first ring from a number on the call block list to sound, turn the first ringsetting to "Off". To do these, follow these procedure:
On the handset press [MENU] then the pound sign [#] Press    Select "ON" then press [SAVE]
I can't hear a dial tone on my phone.
Make sure that the base unit has power. Check if all cords are secure and plugged in properly from the wall and from the back of the base unit. Try to plug the unit to a known working jack then test again. If you have a different phone on the same line, and you are also not getting a dial tone, it is possibly a line problem. If that is the case, it is advised to contact your local phone company for further assistance.
I am trying to set up my phone and it says in the manual to press [OK], where is the button [OK] on my handset?
The [OK] button is the middle soft key button. Soft keys are used in programming the phone system they are buttons that are not labeled on the Handset. They are located just below the screen on the handset and they function for whichever option is displayed on the screen.
How to add a Phonebook Entry?
You can add phonebook items using the base or the handset, for the base:
- Press [MENU] on the base unit
- Scroll to "Add phonebook" by pressing the [▲] or the [▼] button then press [ENTER]
- Enter the name by pressing the corresponding alphabet from the numbers on the handset keypad then press [ENTER] again.
- Dial the phone number of the contact then press [ENTER]
For the cordless handset:
- On the handset press [MENU]
- Scroll to "Add phonebook" by pressing the [▲] or the [▼] button then press [Select]
- Enter the name by pressing the corresponding alphabet from the numbers on the handset keypad then press [Next]
- Dial the phone number of the contact then press [Save]
How to add a Phonebook Entry?
To add a phonebook item, follow these procedure:
- On the handset press the soft key button for the phonebook icon then press [MENU]
- Scroll to "Add New Entry" and press [OK]
- Enter the name by pressing the corresponding alphabet from the numbers on the handset keypad then press [OK]
- Dial the phone number of the contact then press [OK] twice then press OFF to exit the setting
How much radiation do these phones output?
This product complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. RF transmission power is 115 mW (max.)
How many items can I store on my phonebook?
The phonebook allows you to make calls without having to dial manually. You can add 100 names and phone numbers to the phonebook, and assign each phonebook entry to the desired group.
Only 1 person can access the shared phonebook at a time.
How does the power back up operation work?
When a power failure occurs, the charged handset temporarily supplies power to the base dunit (power back-up mode). This allows you to make and receive landline calls using a handset during a power failure. The base unit will not perform any other functions. However, some functions such as Caller ID and shared phonebook are available only when using a handset other than the handset supplying power to the base unit.
- If a handset is not placed on the base unit when a power failure occurs, "Base no power Press OFF" is displayed. After pressing OFF on the handset, place it on the base unit to start power back-up mode.
- Power back-up mode will not work if the battery level of the power supplying handset is low
- Do not lift the power supplying handset from the base unit during power back-up mode.
- Do not touch the handset's charge contacts during power back-up mode.
- If the battery level is low, the unit will not work sufficiently during power back-up mode.
How does phonebook sharing work?
Phone book sharing occurs automatically between handsets. It is not necessary to manually copy entries in the phone book from one handset to the other. Also, a phone book entry deleted on one handset is deleted from the other handsets as well.
How do I unblock a number from my call block list?
To unblock a number do the following procedure:
- On the handset press [MENU]
- Press [#]   
- Press the [▲] or the [▼] to select your desired entry
- Press the softkey [ERASE], press [SELECT] on "Yes"
- Press [OFF] to exit the setting.
How do I turn off the Talking Caller ID on my phone?
To turn off Talking Caller ID on the Handset:
- Press [MENU] [#]   .
- Press the [▲] or the [▼] button to turn the handset Caller ID on or off.
Note: The base and each handset are programmed individually.
How do I set up speed dial on my phone?
You can assign 1 phone number to each of the dial keys (1 to 9) on the handset. Press and hold the desired speed dial number, choose from 0 to 9 then press [ADD], Scroll to "Manual" then press [SELECT]. Enter the party's name then press [OK] Dial the party's phone number then press [OK], press [SELECT].
If you have a phonebook item which you want stored on your speed dial number then follow the same procedure as above but scroll down to "Phonebook" instead of "Manual" then scroll to the desired item then press [SAVE]
Note: If you edit a phonebook entry which is assigned to a speed dial key, the edited entry does not transfer to the speed dial key.
How do I set the number of rings on my phone before my answering machine picks up?
To adjust the ring count on your phone, press [MENU] on the handset and press [#]   . You will have a selection shown on the screen minimum of 2 rings and maximum of 7 rings. You can press your [▲] or [▼] button to select your desired ring count then press [SAVE] then [OFF].
How do I send my phone in for repair?
It is recommended to exhaust all troubleshooting steps before unit is sent for repair. If the procedure won't work and the telephone was purchased within a year, ship the unit to Panasonic Exchange Center address: 4900 George McVay Drive, Suite B No.12, McAllen, TX 78503. We recommend UPS. Carefully pack in a padded shipping carton and include all accessories. Include a letter detailing the complaint, a return address and provide a day time phone number where you can be reached. P.O. Boxes are not acceptable. Keep the tracking number for your records. A copy of valid registered receipt is required under the 1 year parts and labor Limited Warranty. Refurbished replacement is to be delivered within 7-10 business days.
How do I register my Bluetooth headset?
Before you proceed in registering your Bluetooth headset to the base note, the following information:
- Make sure that no Bluetooth device is not connected to your Bluetooth headset.
- Refer to your Bluetooth headset's operating instructions for proper procedure in pairing it to another device.
- Only one Bluetooth headset can be connected and used to the base unit.
To register your Bluetooth headset follow these procedure:
- Set your Bluetooth headset to registration mode. On the cordless handset, press [MENU] → [#]   
- Enter your headset PIN, typically the default PIN is 0000 or refer to your headset's operating instructions.
- Press [OK] on the handset and wait for a long beep to confirm headset registration.
- When the headset indicator on the base unit turns green, you are ready to use the headset.
How do I install my brand new phone?
After you open the box of your newly purchased phone, make sure you keep your receipt to validate the warranty of your phone. Check if all items and accessories that are supposed to be included in the box is complete, such as the batteries and the line cord etc. Follow these procedure to install and set-up he unit before use.
- READ the operating instructions Safety precautions before use.
- Use only the supplied Panasonic AC adaptor PNLV226, plug the tip at the main base unit and plug the adapter directly on a power outlet without any obstruction. Ensure that the AC outlet is installed near the product and is easily accessible.
- Use the supplied line cord and plug the cord at the back of the base securely, and the other end needs to be plugged in your telephone jack, make sure that the cord clicks when plugging the line cord on the base and the wall jack. You may now check if you can hear a dial tone when you lift the handset from the base.
- Remove the handset cover at the back of the cordless handset and insert the supplied rechargeable batteries inside. Confirm you install the batteries on its correct polarities, positive (+) and negative (-).
- USE ONLY Ni-MH batteries AAA (R03) size.
- Charge the new batteries by placing the cordless handset on the cradle. Initial charging needs to be 7 hours.
After charging the handset, you may now start programming the handsets for your preferred settings.
How do I erase my greeting message and use the pre-recorded or built-in greeting message?
To erase your greeting message and use the default greeting message, press [MENU] [#]    on the handset and select [YES] then turn the handset OFF.
How do I deregister a handset which is no longer in use?
To deregister a handset, perform the following steps:
- Press [MENU]→[#]    on the handset
- Enter   →[OK]
- Select the handset you want to cancel by pressing the desired handset(s) number
- Select [OK]→[▲]/[▼]: "YES" →[SELECT]
How do I connect to a Wi-Fi network?
If you have a wireless router and an Internet connection, you can configure the handset to connect to your Wi-Fi network and access the Internet for synchronizing your handset with your Google account, using the [Browser] app to view web pages, etc.
- From the home screen, tap the menu button .
- Then tap "System settings".
- Turn on the "Wi-Fi" switch.
- Tap "Wi-Fi".
- Select a Wi-Fi network. If the desired Wi-Fi network is not displayed, you may need to enter the network name
(also called the "SSID") manually.
- Enter the password if you are connecting to a secure Wi-Fi network.
- Tap "Connect".
Adding a Wi-Fi network manually
Some wireless routers do not broadcast their availability. In this case you need to enter the network name (SSID) as well as the network's password.
- From the home screen, tap the menu button .
- Then tap "System settings".
- Tap "Wi-Fi".
- Tap "ADD NETWORK".
- Enter the Wi-Fi network's SSID.
- Select the network's security type and enter its password, if required.
- Tap "Save".
Watch this video for additional information on connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
How do I clear 'New Voicemail' on my handset's display?
Your telephone is alerting you that you have a new voice message from your phone company's assigned Voice mailbox. Procedure to access your voice mailbox would vary depending on the instructions of your phone company / service provider. Once you listen to your new messages, "New Voicemail" should be cleared from the handset/
Note: If the handset still indicates there are new messages even after you have listened to all new messages, turn it off by pressing and holding [#] until the handset beeps.
How do I check my voicemail using the handset?
Some phone companies provide a flat-rate service which includes voice mail, it is a voice mailbox system assigned to your phone line that stores telephone messages which can be retrieved at a later time. Procedure to access your voice mailbox would vary depending on the instructions of your phone company. In order to listen to your voice mail messages, you must dial your service provider/telephone company's voice mail access number. Once you have stored your voice mail access number, you can dial it automatically by pressing the soft key for [VM] on the handset
Note that the function [VM] will not appear on the display if you haven't stored your the voicemail number provided by your phone company to the Panasonic telephone. To store your voicemail access number, follow the procedure below:
- On the handset press [MENU] then press the pound sign [#]
- Press   
- Dial your voice mail access number
- Press [SAVE] then press the OFF button
If you do not know what is your Voicemail access number, PIN or password, please contact your phone company.
How do I change the ringer tone of my handset?
To change the ringer tone of the handset. Press [MENU] on the handset then press [OK] to Select "INITIAL SETTING". Press [OK] again for "RINGER SETTING". Press [▲] or [▼] repeatedly to get to "RINGER TONE" then press [OK] you can choose from the selection on the phone by pressing [▲] or [▼] Press [OK] to select your desired ringer tone.
How do I change the remote code to access my machine when I'm away?
A 3-digit remote access code must be entered when operating the answering system remotely. This code prevents unauthorized parties from listening to your messages remotely. To prevent unauthorized access to this product, we recommend that you regularly change the remote code. To change your answering machine's remote code do the following procedure: On the handset, press [MENU]. [#]   . Enter your 3 digit remote code. Press the soft key [SAVE] then press OFF.
How do I chain dial from this phone?
This feature allows you to dial phone numbers in the phonebook while you are on a call. This feature can be used, for example, to dial a calling card access number or bank account PIN that you have stored in the phonebook, without having to dial manually. Proceed in calling the number you need to contact then, start chain dialing by pressing [Ph.book] on the handset. Select your desired entry from the phonebook items then press [CALL], the phone should automatically dial the number.
How do I adjust ringer volume?
To adjust the ringer volume on the handset, press [MENU] [#]    and press [▲] or [▼] to raise or lower the ringer volume.
How can I use the mute feature?
While mute is turned on, you can hear the other party, but the other party cannot hear you. [MUTE] is a soft key visible on the display on the handset only during a call. You can press the soft key anytime during a call. Press [MUTE] again to return to the conversation.
How can I register the warranty of my phone?
You may register your products online by going to: <a target="_blank" href="https://secure2.prodregister.com/panasonic/">https://secure2.prodregister.com/panasonic/</a>. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, Telephone is warranted for a year starting from the date of purchase.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
How can I conference call using multiple handsets?
A maximum of 4 parties (including 1 outside party) can join a conversation using 3 extensions. (4-way conference)
Does it have speaker phone?
Yes. The base has a speaker phone button, you can dial from the handset and press the speaker phone button on the base for a hands free conversation. The handsets has a speaker phone option as well.
Can I change the language display on my cordless phone from English to Spanish?
Yes you may change the language from English (default) to Spanish. To do this, follow the steps provided:
- Press [MENU] on the handset
- Press [#]   
- Press your [▲] or your [▼] to select your desired setting
- Press [SAVE] then OFF
Can I change the backlight timer on my phone? It keeps on turning off the back light.
No. The handsets are preset for backlight, it is not programmable. When the handset goes idle, it will turn off the backlight to save battery charge.
Can I block calls using my phone?
Yes. Caller ID service is required to identify phone numbers to match what you have stored on the call block list. The unit is capable of blocking up to 250 phone numbers, if you have more than 250 numbers to block then subscribing to a call block service from you phone company is an option.
Can I access my answering machine while I am away from home?
Yes. You can access the answering machine remotely by dialing your phone number on any touch tone phone to call it and as soon as you hear your greeting message play, enter your mailbox password or remote code and follow the voice prompt, as soon as you are done listening to your messages you can hang up.
Are there any setup tips about the location of the main base unit in relation to range and audio quality?
Yes. To optimize the range / audio quality, please be aware that metal objects / devices within proximity of the main base unit (less than a few feet), may block base cordless signal to reach the cordless handsets, resulting in deteriorated audio/poor sound quality:
- Personal computer
- Fax machine
- External hard drive
- Cash register
- Metal tray for stationary
- Metal file cabinet
- Other metal materials
If you experience distorted audio on the cordless handsets at extended distance/certain spots, please check for the presence of these metal objects/devices, clear them (relocate the main base unit, if necessary) and you should hear better audio afterwards.
Will I damage the batteries by keeping the phone on the charger?
No. The batteries that comes with your telephone do not suffer from the same memory effect that older batteries used to have. It is safe to keep the handset on the charger whenever it is not in use. Use only the Nickel Metal Hydride rechargeable batteries. Never use Alkaline or any other types as these could damage your handset.
Why doesn't the answering system record messages when I am using the telephone line?
Only when the line is not in use will the answering system record messages.A caller will hear a busy signal when the line is in use or a ringing telephone if you subscribe to Call Waiting services.
Why does my handset display "Please lift up and try again"?
You attempted to dial from the cordless handset while located in the charger. Lift the handset out of the charger and try again. If the same error message appears on the handset after lifting the handset from the cradle, reset the handset by removing the battery from the phone then re-install them again.
Why do I hear a series of dial tones followed by a continuous dial tone after I lift the corded handset or press [TALK] on the cordless handset?
If your dial tone is interrupted by several short gaps or beeps your phone company is indicating the arrival of a new voice mail message. It is the signal (sometimes called "voice mail tones" or "stutter tones") sent by your phone company to let users know that a message is waiting to be retrieved. If you are subscribed to a voice mail service from your provider this is normal. Please contact your phone company so you may know the procedure on hot to retrieve those message stores on your phone company's mailbox.
Why do I hear a series of beeps before my dial tone?
If your dial tone is interrupted by several short gaps or beeps your phone company is indicating the arrival of a new voice mail message. It is the signal sent by your phone company to let users know that a message is waiting to be retrieved. If you are subscribed to a voice mail service from your provider this is normal.
Which phone model series do not have the Time Adjustment feature?
The following phone model series do not have the Time Adjustment feature: KXTG401x, KXTG402x, KXTG422x, KXTG427x, KXTG271x, KXTG272x.
We recommend you contact your Phone Service Provider for a solution if you have one of the models mentioned above.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Whenever I try to make a call my handset displays "Busy". How do I fix this?
- The called unit is in use.
- Other units are in use and the system is busy. Try again later.
- The handset you are using is too far from the base unit. Move closer and try again.
- There is no handset registered to the base unit matching the handset number you entered.
When I answer an incoming call, I have to say "hello" several times before the other party can hear me. How can I fix it?
Make sure that the handset is not on "MUTE". If the problem still occurs, unplug the base unit from the power outlet for 5 seconds and remove the batteries from the handset then put everything back and test the telephone. If the procedure won't work and the telephone was purchased within a year, ship the unit to Panasonic Exchange Center address: 4900 George McVay Drive, Suite B No.12, McAllen, TX 78503. We recommend UPS. Carefully pack in a padded shipping carton and include all accessories. Include a letter detailing the complaint, a return address and provide a day time phone number where you can be reached. P.O. Boxes are not acceptable. Keep the tracking number for your records. A copy of valid registered receipt is required under the 1 year parts and labor Limited Warranty. Refurbished replacement is to be delivered within 7-10 business days. To submit a repair request online, click here
What should I do if my base unit does not have power and there are no lights lit?
If your base unit is not receiving power then you can try to have the base unit plugged on a different power outlet to test. If you have multiple handsets, you can try to use the AC adapter from one of the smaller chargers and have it plugged on the base. If you have followed the steps mentioned above and you base unit still does not have power, the base unit needs service. Please refer to your operating instructions warranty page for procedure.
What should I do if I can't return a call from the numbers I have on my caller ID and it keeps on giving an area code for local numbers?
Check the phone number if it is on the correct format, if it shows an area code and you would want that edited, Press the [◄] for CID select which phone number you want to edit by pressing [▲] or [▼] and press [EDIT] repeatedly until it shows the correct number then press TALK. Once you call back an edited number, the handset which was used to call back remembers the area code and format of the edited number. The next time someone calls from the same area code, caller information is customized by the Handset the way you programmed it.
What is the warranty of this telephone?
This Limited Warranty only applies to products purchased and serviced in the United States or Puerto Rico. This Limited Warranty is extended only to the original purchaser and only covers products purchased as new. Coverage of warranty is applied to telephone products purchased within a year which starts with the date of original purchase. Please keep a copy of the valid receipt as a requirement for the warranty coverage.
What is the remote access code by default for accessing the answering machine remotely?
The default code for accessing the answering machine remotely is "111". To program your own code, perform the following steps on handset or on base unit:
- Press [MENU] → [#]   .
- Enter the desired 3-digit remote access code →[SAVE].
Remote code can only be changed using the Panasonic phone it cannot be done remotely.
What is the Landline App? (KX-PRX120)
The [Landline] app is displayed by default on the handset’s home screen, and allows you to access commonly used features of your phone system.
Intercom - Allows you to make intercom calls.
Call log list - Allows you to access the base unit's call log.
Key detector - Allows you to use the base unit’s key detector feature.
Landline settings - Allows you to change certain features of your phone system.
Answering system - Allows you to use the phone system’s answering system.
What is my phone's voltage?
Use only the supplied Panasonic AC adapter. The phone operates on 120V, 60 Hz.
What do the Status and Notification icons mean?
Icons that appear in the status bar vary depending on the apps that are installed in the handset. Some common icons are described below.
*1 KX-PRX120 only
Icons that appear in the notifications panel vary depending on the apps that are installed in the handset. Some common icons are described below.
Voice Mail indicator doesn't work even though I have some new messages in my voice mail.
To activate Voice Mail indicator function, you need to store voicemail access # into your handset. To do this, press [MENU] [#]   , enter the access #, then press [SAVE].
The indicator light on the handset flashes slowly.
The handset indicator light will flash for the following reasons:
If the handset indicator light is flashing rapidly it means a call is being received.
If a call is kept on hold for more than 9 minutes, an alarm tone starts to sound and the ringer indicator on the handset flashes rapidly as well.
If the message indicator is flashing slowly, it means that there is a new message recorded on the built-in answering machine, once you listen to the message the indicator light should stop flashing.
If 'New Voicemail' is displayed on the handset and the indicator flashes slowly, it means you have a new voicemail message, on your mailbox assigned to you by your phone company. If you are unaware of the voicemail subscription you may contact your phone company to get your voicemail PIN.
My telephone says 'Check Tel Line' and I cannot call out. What will I do to fix this?
The supplied telephone line cord has not been connected yet or not connected properly. Check the connections by making sure the line cord is secure. When you plug the phone line cord at the back of the phone make sure you hear it click. You can also try to have the telephone plugged on a different phone jack inside the house, if there is none, try to take it to a neighbor or friends house to be tested, to be sure you are not having a line problem.