SMART VIERA® 50" Class S60 Series Full HD Plasma TV (49.9" Diag.)
- 1080p Full HD Resolution
- Swipe & Share 2.0
- 600Hz Sub-Field Drive
- Online Movies
- Built-in Wireless LAN
- Electronic Touch Pen (Optional Accessory)
- Replacement Accessories
- Remote Controls
Firmware & Drivers
- 2013 How to Manually Change your Network Settings
- 2013 How to Setup WIFI
- 2013 How to Program Your Channels
- 2013 How to Perform a Connection Test
- 2013 First Time Setup
- 2013 How to Register Netflix
- 2013 How to Perform a TV Self Test
- 2013 How to Update Firmware via the Internet
- 2013 How to Turn Off the Eco Message
- 2013 - How to Add or Remove Online Movie Applications
- 2013 How to Setup Wi-Fi Access Point
- 2013 How to Setup and Stream Via DLNA
- How to Reset your Panasonic Viera TV
- Watch Video - How to Connect the TV to a Home Theater
- Watch Video - How to Connect an Analog Device to the TV
- 2013 How to Change the Home Screen Background
- 2013 How to Register a Touch Pen to the TV
- 2013 How to Change the Format of Your Picture
- How to Find the Networks Default Gateway
- 2013 How to Change the Audio Output to PCM
- 2013 How to Turn On the Sleep Timer
- 2013 How to Turn Off the Eco Settings
- 2013 How to Record a Video Message
- 2013 How to Insert a Note on the Home Screen
- 2013 How to Change the Menu Language
- 2013 How to Set a Channel as a Favorite
- 2013 How to Check the Signal Strength of a Channel
- 2013 How to Reset the TV to Factory Defaults
- 2013 How to Turn Off C.A.T.S.
- 2013 How to Change the Picture Mode
- 2013 How to Change the Input of the TV
- 2013 How to Access the E-Help Manual
- 2013 How to Connect to a Wired Network
- 2013 How to Find the MAC Address of the TV
- 2013 How to Perform a Screen Wipe
- How to Connect External Devices to your TV
- Connecting an Analog Device to a Panasonic 2013 VIERA TV
- Panasonic 2013 VIERA Connection to Devices and Wi-Fi
- Panel —
- Panel Drive 600 Hz Sub-Field Drive
- Picture Mode Vivid/Standard/Home Theater/Cinema/Custom
- Filter —
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 gradation steps
- 1080 Pure Direct —
- DCI 98% Color Space —
- Super Clear Resolution —
- Dot Noise Reduction —
- isf Mode —
- 24p Playback (3:2)/24p Smooth Film yes/—
- Hexa-Processing Engine —
- 3D Type —
- 3D 24p Cinema Smoother —
- 2D-3D Conversion —
- 3D Motion Remaster —
- Dedicated 3D Eyewear —
- Speakers Full Range x 2
- Speaker Output 20 W (10 + 10)
- Surround Mode V-Audio
- my Home Screen —
- Camera Integrated —
- Voice Interaction —
- Voice Guidance —
- Touch Pad Controller —
- Electronic Touch Pen yes (Optional touch pen is required)
- eHelp yes
- Product Support Center —
- VIERA Remote2
- VIERA Remote2 (Smartphone App) yes
- Swipe and Share2.0 yes
- Browse and Share —
- Remote Play —
- App Launcher —
- Smart Calibration —
- VIERA Connect —
- Online Movies yes
- Web Browser* —
- Display Mirroring —
- Skype on TV —
- Media Player
- Media Player (Picture/Movie/Music) yes
- Support Format MKV/MP4/M4v/FLV/3GPP/VRO/VOB/TS/PS, / MP3/AAC/FLAC/WAV, JPEG
- DLNA yes
- Bluetooth Compatible** —
- Eco Navigation yes
- C.A.T.S. yes
- Energy Star —
- Design Concept Narrow Bezel
- HDMI Input 2 (2 rear)
- Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 2)
- Component Video Input shared with Composite RCA phono type x 1 (rear)
- USB2.0 2
- SD Card —
- Ethernet 1 (rear)
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (rear)
- Headphone Jack —
- Service Port —
Power SupplyAC 120 V, 60 Hz
- Screen Size Diagonal (inches) 49.9
- On mode Average Power Consumption 136 W
- Rated Power Consumption 296 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.2 W
Display Resolution1,920 (W) x 1,080 (H)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (w/o stand) 46.2" x 27.5" x 3.2" (General depth: 2.5")
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (with stand) 46.2" x 29.6" x 11.7"
- Weight (w/o stand) 46.3 lbs.
- Weight (with stand) 53.0 lbs.
- Swivel Angle —
- Optional Wall Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard US: UL60065/FCC Parts15; CANADA: CSA C22,2/IC BETS-7
- VESA Compatible —
- Carton Dimensions (W x H x D) 53.0" x 31.4" x 10.0"
- Gross Weight (with stand) 66.2 lbs.
- Warranty yes (1 year)
- NOTE * The Web Browser cannot display some web pages correctly. And viewable contents by VIERA Web Browser are subject to the following conditions; / - viewable contents may vary depend on models, / - viewable contents may differ from those for PC, / - viewable contents may be limited. / ** HID (Human Interface Device Profile) compliant keyboards are available. A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) compliant audio devices are available.
How do I turn on the TV with the Panasonic Remote 2 application?
The Panasonic Remote 2 application can only control the TV once it is turned on and connected to the same network as the IOS or Android device that has the App installed.
How do I test the TV's network connection?
Press [MENU] > Network > Network status. This will test and display the connection status graphically and give you four choices (Try again, Status details, Help, Done) to proceed.
How do I select an input?
Press the [INPUT] button on the remote. Highlight the input using the [Up] and [Down] arrow buttons and then press [OK] to select the correct input.
How do I search for a wireless network?
Press Menu > Network > Network Connection. You will then be given an option of "Quick Setup" or "Custom" to search for networks.
How do I reset the "Lock" setting if I have forgotten the "Password"?
Reset the TV. Resetting the TV will erase all settings in the TV, including picture calibrations.
1. Turn the TV power on.
2. While holding the [Vol-] button on the TV, press and hold down the [MENU] button, on the remote control, for more than 3 seconds.
3. Once "Self Check" appears, hold down the power button, on the TV, until the TV powers off.
How do I receive Closed Captioning when a set top box is connected to my TV with an HDMI cable?
The CC can be displayed on the TV if the receiver (such as a set-top box or satellite receiver) has the CC set to "On". Contact your cable or satellite company to have the closed captioning activated in the set-top box.
How do I know when a firmware update is available for my TV?
A message stating that firmware is available will appear on your screen when you attempt to access one of the network applications.
How do I know if the picture is in High Definition?
Press the [INFO] or [Recall] button on the TV's remote control to confirm the type of signal being received. An HD signal should be 720p, 1080i or 1080p.To ensure HD picture, select a High Definition channel from your HD source (Cable, Satellite or fiber optic service). Note that even when the TV receives 720p, 1080i or 1080p signal, the picture may not be in HD because channels sometimes broadcast non-HD content.Also, ensure that your HD source (HD box, Blu-ray player, etc.) is connected to the TV with an HDMI or Component cable and set to output an HD video signal.
How do I know if my TV is working properly?
The TV has a built-in self diagnostic feature to confirm that it is operating properly. To access, press [MENU] and select "TV self test" from the Help menu. Following the test, the TV should display a high definition sample picture and play a melody.
How do I get Closed Captioning (CC) on Netflix?
When you are watching Netflix, first select "Audio and Subtitles" on the Netflix title about to be watched. The feature can be located below "Play" on the Netflix screen. After you have done this and CC is not showing then on Panasonic's remote control press the "CC" button for a few seconds until you see the closed captioning.
How do I fix a distorted or black and white picture when using the Component/Composite Video input on my TV?
1) Press the Input button
2) Select the Component/Video Input
3) Press the Left or Right arrow button on the remote to select either Component or Video depending on the connection. The issue occurs when the Video or Component setting in the "Input Select" list does not match the connections in the back of the TV.
How do I enter a plus sign when entering my network password into my TV?
We regret to inform you that your TV does not have a character for a plus sign. You will need to change your network password in your router to a password that does not include a plus sign.
How do I disable firmware update messages?
It is recommended that you update your TV's firmware whenever you are prompted about an update as new update may fix issues or add new features to your applications as well as add new applications.
How do I delete an incorrect character when entering my network password into my TV?
You can press the Red button on the remote to delete a letter or number.
How do I connect my TV to a proxy?
We recommend you do not connect your TV to a proxy server, as some or all of your applications might not work.
How do I connect my external speakers to the TV?
External speakers cannot be directly connected to the TV. The TV must be connected to an audio system. Use the HDMI-ARC (Audio Return Channel) feature with a compatible home theater or a sound bar. For a stereo system or receiver without ARC, use an optical cable. If your audio system does not have an optical input, then use an Optical to Stereo converter or connect your external device (Cable box, DVD player, etc.) directly to the audio system.
How do I connect headphones or a Stereo Receiver to this TV?
Option 1) If your Stereo Receiver has a digital audio-in connector (toslink), then use an optical cable to connect it to the TV's DIGITAL AUDIO OUT. You can plug headphones into your stereo and set the stereo to match the output the optical cable is connected to.
Option 2) Connect a Dolby Digital Ready Digital-to-Analog(DAC) audio converter to the TV's DIGITAL AUDIO OUT and connect your headphones or stereo to the DAC converter using red and white rca audio cables.
How do I change my IP address manually?
Press [MENU] > Network > Network Connection > Custom > Ethernet Cable > IP Setting Mode > Manual.
You can then use the arrow buttons to highlight characters and the [OK] button to select characters.
How do I change my input labels?
Press "Edit labels" [RED] button, from "Input select" menu. Alternatively, press [MENU] > Setup > Display Customization > Input Labels.
How do I access the internet applications of my TV?
You can access the internet applications of your TV by pressing the [Internet], [VIERA CAST], or [Apps] button on your remote, depending on the model of your TV.
How do I access First Time Setup after the initial setup?
Press [MENU] > Setup > System > Factory Defaults. This will reset the TV and rerun the First Time Setup. Please note: 1. The TV's memory will be cleared. All settings will be erased.2. Downloaded Apps (Viera Connect models) will need to be reinstalled.
How can I use a wired/wireless keyboard with my TV?
Connect the keyboard's USB cable or the keyboard's wireless transmitter to the TV's USB port. You may then use the keyboard to enter alphanumeric characters. Special commands, such as channel up/down, volume control, etc., can also be performed with a keyboard. Please refer to your Owner's Manual for details..
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
How can I make my wireless signal stronger?
You may need to purchase a signal booster or wireless repeater if your TV is too far away from your router.
How can I deregister my Hulu account from the TV?
Reset the television by following the listed steps:
1) Hold the [Vol -] button on the TV itself.
2) While continuing to hold the [Vol -] button on the TV, hold the [Menu] button on the remote. Continue to hold the two buttons for about five seconds. The "Self Check" screen should appear on the TV.
3) Hold the [Power] button on the TV until the TV powers off. The reset is complete.
Note: This procedure will also clear all other TV applications and settings.
How am I able to download the Viera Remote 2 App on my Kindle Fire?
Unfortunately, you are unable to download the Viera Remote 2 App, because Amazon's licensing agreements has limitations in downloading Apps.
Does the Amazon VOD application have the watchlist feature?
Do I need to attach the Bluetooth Adapter to my TV for the Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) to work?
Do I need a digital converter box to use an antenna on this TV?
DLNA: What is DLNA?
DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) is a standard that makes it easy for DLNA-certified equipment to share multimedia content within a home network. A DLNA-certified media server such as a Windows 7 personal computer with Windows Media Player 12 is required.
Connections: What is HDMI ARC?
ARC allows the TV to play the audio from TV programming (or another source device) through a home theater system or an external A/V amplifier device connected to the TV's HDMI (ARC) connection.
Connections: How do I connect my TV to audio equipment using HDMI ARC?
Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI connection on the back of the TV labeled HDMI 1 (ARC). Then connect the other end of the HDMI cable to an ARC enabled HDMI connection on your A/V receiver.
Can this model access Netflix?
Yes. This model will be able to access Netflix if it is located in either the United States or Canada.
Can I use the keyboard function of my IOS (Apple) or Android device to enter data into the TV?
You may only use the keyboard function of the Panasonic TV Remote 2 application to enter data into the TV from your IOS(Apple) or Android device.
Can I use a universal touch pen instead of the TY-TP10U with my TV?
Can I control my TV with my smartphone?
Yes. Install the Panasonic TV Remote 2 app in order to control the TV with your smartphone or tablet.
Can I connect a wired or wireless keyboard to this TV?
Yes. You can connect to the TV's USB port either a standard USB keyboard or the receiver for a wireless keyboard.
Can I change the size of my closed captioning?
Digital signals do allow the TV to change the font size. Enter the TV's Setup menu and then select CC or Closed Captioning. Then select the Digital Setting option. Finally use the right arrow to change the Font Size
Can I change the order that my files are displayed on the TV from my DLNA server?
Can I add internet applications to my TV?
We regret to inform you that your TV only supports the applications that are preloaded onto it.
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to program channels into my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to perform a Network Connection Test on my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to manually change the Network Settings of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to insert a Note on the Home Screen of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to find the MAC address of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to disable the Eco Settings of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to disable the Contrast Automatic Tracking System (C.A.T.S.) feature of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to connect my 2013 TV to a wireless network?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to connect my 2013 TV to a wired network?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to check the signal strength of a channel on my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to change the Picture Mode of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to change the Home Screen Background on my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to access DLNA content?
What types of media content can be played back using DLNA, SD card or USB memory?
Certain JPEG, SD-Video, AVCHD, MP4 files, MKV files, MPEG-2 files, MP3 files, AAC files and LPCM files can be shared using the DLNA feature. Please see the Owner's Manual for the additional requirements.
What type of audio does Netflix output through the Digital Audio Out (Optical) jack on the TV?
The Digital Audio Out(Optical) port will output up to a 5.1 Dolby Digital signal from any internet application as long as the content is available in 5.1 Dolby Digital within the application.
What should I do if my TV is making a buzzing or humming noise?
Mute the TV to verify if the issue is with a blown speaker. If the noise is still heard with the TV muted, unplug all connected devices from the TV. If the noise goes away, connect the devices back to the TV one at a time to determine which device is causing the noise. Contact the manufacturer of the device causing the issue for further troubleshooting. If the noise does not go away when you disconnect all devices, try connecting the TV directly into the wall with no surge protector. If the noise goes away, you may need to replace your surge protector. If the noise does not go away, inspect your screen for cracks or other signs of damage to the TV. If there are no cracks, make sure that your TV is not located at a high altitude such as 7,000 ft. or more above sea level.
What should I do if my TV fails the last step of the Network Connection Test ?
Try changing the DNS information in your TV. First, contact your internet service provider to determine their DNS server information. Second, go into the TV's menu and enter the DNS information into the TV. To change the DNS settings in the TV, press the [Menu] button on the remote control and then select "Network" in the menu. Third, select "IP address/DNS settings" and then set "DNS setting mode" to manual. Finally, select "DNS" and enter the DNS server information that you received from your internet service provider. Perform another connection test.
What should I do if my Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) is not working?
Follow the troubleshooting steps below:
1. Ensure that the batteries in the Touch Pen are fully charged.
2. Attempt to register the touch pen. A tutorial on how to register your touch pen can be found by clicking here
3. If your Touch Pen will not register, send your Touch Pen prepaid to the address below along with a copy of your proof of purchase:
Panasonic Exchange Center
4900 George McVay Drive
McAllen, TX 78503
What should I do if my remote is not working?
- Ensure that no object, such as a center speaker or soundbar, is blocking the bottom front of the TV.
- Check that the batteries are fresh, are of the same type and are installed with the correct polarity (+ & -).
- Try a remote reset by removing the batteries and pressing every button on the remote twice. Lastly, re-insert the batteries.
What should I do if error "006" is displayed when I press the Internet button on the TV's remote control?
Enter the TV's Network menu and select the "IP Address/DNS Setting" option. Then change the DNS Setting mode to Manual and change the DNS to 184.108.40.206.
What mobile devices are compatible with the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App?
The Panasonic TV Remote 2 App is compatible with iPhone 3G or later, iPod touch, iPad, and all Android phones or tablets.
What kind of battery does the Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) use?
One AAA battery.
What is the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App?
The Panasonic TV Remote 2 App is an application software that allows an iPhone, iPod touch, iPod, or Android device to remotely control certain Panasonic Plasma TVs and LCD TVs (branded VIERA). Basic remote control functions can be activated by tapping the touch panel of the mobile device.
What is the bolt pattern or mounting holes of my TV?
Pattern: 400 mm x 300 mm \/ Bolt size: M8 \/ Length: Varies with mount
What is the "TV Self Test"?
The TV has a built-in self diagnostic feature to confirm that it is operating properly. To access, press [MENU] and select "TV self test" from the Help menu. Following the test, the TV should display a high definition sample picture and play a melody.
What file formats are supported by DLNA?
Certain JPEG, SD-Video, AVCHD, MP4, AVI, MKV, FLV, 3GPP, PS, TS, MPEG1, MPEG2, MP3, HE-AAC, and AC3 files can be shared using the DLNA feature.
What does the "Online Movies" feature allow you to access?
Online Movies allows you to access Hulu Plus, Amazon Video on Demand, CinemaNow and Netflix. Not all IPTV services are available depending on your country or region. IPTV services are subject to change automatically without notice. Customers can not add additional Apps. Present Apps can not be removed by the customer.
What can I connect to the USB ports?
You can connect to the TV's USB ports:
- Compatible wireless network adapter.
- Standard keyboard (wired or wireless).
- Mass storage device.
- Bluetooth wireless adapter for data transfer to Panasonic health
products such as Bodymedia.
- 3D eyewear (for charging).
Note: If a mass storage device, such as Flash Memory or hard drive, is formatted on a PC, then the file system must be FAT of FAT32 in order for the TV to access. Windows® NTFS file system is not supported.
What are MKV files?
MKV is a file extension used for the Matroska file format for video, audio, or picture storage.
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
Is the N5HBZ0000055 wireless adapter compatible with my TV?
The N5HBZ0000055 wireless adapter is only compatible with the following TV Series: UT50, UT54, and XT50.
Is Pandora available on Online Movies model TVs?
Is it necessary to do a connection test each time I turn the TV before I enjoy online movies?
Once you turn on your television, it may take up to 60 seconds for the TV to identify your network settings and connect back to your network. Please allow time for the television to make that connection.
How to remove the black bars from the top and bottom of the picture?
Press the [FORMAT] button on the remote to remove the black bars from the top and bottom . The option available to remove the horizontal bars is "Zoom".
How should I setup the VIERA TV to use the the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App?
Connect a compatible VIERA TV and an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Android device (with the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App installed) to the same network. For further details, please refer to "Using Network Services" section of your VIERA operating instructions.
How many Touch Pens (TY-TP10U) be used at one time?
How long is the warranty for the Touch Pen (TY-TP10U)?
How do you setup the DLNA feature?
A DLNA certified media server, such as a Windows 7 personal computer, needs to be connected to the same network as your TV. Once the DLNA server is configured on this network, press the [VIERA TOOLS] button on the remote control and select DLNA. Next, you will be prompted to select the DLNA server you wish to connect to. Select the DLNA server, then the available content will be displayed.
How do I use the Swipe and Share feature of my TV?
Download the Panasonic Remote 2 Application onto your IOS or Android device and then visit http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/tv/vremote2/android/index.html for more information on Swipe and Share, as well as other feature of this application.
How do I update this TV to the latest software (firmware)?
If the TV is connected to the Internet, then you will be automatically notified of available software updates.
To manually check for an update:
In the main menu, select "Network" and then press [OK], select "Software Update". The current and latest version software will be shown. If a newer version is available, update your TV. Follow the on-screen instructions and do not power off the TV until the update is complete. Be patient; firmware update may take a while.
Will Viera Remote work with Windows based devices?
Will the Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) work with my TV?
The Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) will work with your TV. If you have a S60 series TV, you must insert the Bluetooth Adapter that came with the Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) into one of the USB ports of the TV first before using the Touch Pen.
Will the touch pad on a keyboard work with the TV?
Will the DY-WL5 wireless adapter work with my TV?
Will my TV support an Apple router?
Why won't my subtitle file playback?
You will need to place your video file and the subtitle file in their own folder together.
Why isn't Netflix available in the VIERA Connect Market?
This issue can be resolved by entering the proper DNS server address into the unit. Try entering 220.127.116.11 as your DNS server address and 18.104.22.168 for the secondary DNS address if that option is available for your unit.
Why is the TV unable to connect to my home network even though I entered my Network Name/SSID and Encryption (password)?
Ensure that you are entering the SSID and Encryption (password) into the TV exactly as it appears in your router. The SSID and Encryption information is case sensitive. Hint: Use the green button to toggle between upper and lower case letters when entering the SSID and Encryption. Special characters can be entered by using the 1, Last or 0 button.
Why is an error message displayed when I click the Netflix icon?
Try deactivating the Netflix account and then re-registering the account. First, access the Netflix application. Then, use the Panasonic remote to press the arrow buttons in the following sequence: [Up], [Up], [Down], [Down], [Left], [Right], [Left], [Right], [Up], [Up], [Up], [Up]. A screen will appear and you will be able deactivate the Netflix account. Re-enter your account information.
Why doesn't my TV recognize the LAN cable I plugged in?
Make sure that the Ethernet cable is a direct LAN cable and not a crossover cable. A PC may work with a crossover cable but our TV will not. We recommend that you test the Ethernet connection, using a computer and a different Ethernet cable.
Why does the TV not recognize the AVI files on my media server?
AVI files are not compatible with DLNA.
Why does the TV not recognize my LAN adaptor?
A compatible LAN adaptor must be connected to the TV. Connect either the Panasonic wireless adapter, model TY-WL20 (preferred) or N5HBZ0000055.
Why do I have to enter my network name and password everytime I turn the TV back on?
The wireless adapter of the TV can take up to 2 minutes to find and reconnect to your wirelss network. If you give it time, you will not be prompted to enter your user name and password.
Why did my TV display "No Acitivity for 4 hours" and then turn off by itself?
The TV's default settings will turn the TV off if no button on the remote has been pressed within 4 hours of start up. This feature can be turned off by going to the "Eco" submenu of the Setup menu and changing the "No Activity for 4 hours" setting to "Stay On".
Why can't I log into Netflix?
The Netflix login requires the usage of a registered email address and account password. If the password uses special characters or captial lettering, the password entered must include the capital lettering. Netflix also limits the total number of devices that can be registered. The maximum number of devices registered is 6. Netflix will not allow a 7th device to be registered.
There may also be an issue with the DNS server you are using. This issue can be resolved by entering the proper DNS server address into the TV. The server information entered should be the DNS server address of your internet service provider. Contact your internet service provider to obtain their DNS server address. Follow the instructions below to enter the DNS address.
- Press the [Menu] button on the TV's remote.
- Select "Network" and then press the [OK] button.
- Select "IP address/DNS settings" and then press the [OK] button.
- Set "DNS setting mode" to "Manual".
- Select "DNS".
- Press the "OK" button.
- Enter your internet service provider's DNS server address.
- Press the [RETURN] button.
- Select "Connection test".
- Go to the VIERA Connect Market and locate the Netflix icon.
Why can't I change the format of the TV while using the internet applications?
The [Format] button on the TV remote is disabled while you are inside of any of the internet applications of the TV.
Why are some of the options in the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App grayed out?
Options that are greyed out in the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App are not available on the TV the app is connected to.
Why am I unable to find my Viera TV with the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App?
- Make sure that your VIERA model supports the Panasonic TV Remote 2 app. (All Internet Ready TVs 2011 - Present)
- Make sure that "Network Link" is turned on in the Network Settings submenu of the Setup Menu of the TV or inside of the Network Menu of the TV, depending on your TV Model.
- Make sure that your TV and your mobile device are both connected to the same wireless network.
Which VIERA TV models are compatible with the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App?
The Panasonic TV Remote 2 App is compatible with all internet ready TVs released on or after 2011.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I get the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App?
The Panasonic TV Remote 2 App can be downloaded free of charge from Apple's App Store or from the Google Play store for Android.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
- Where can I find a tutorial on Network Connections?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to update the firmware of my 2013 TV via the internet?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to turn on the Sleep Timer of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to turn off the Eco Message of my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to test the Video and Audio of my 2013 TV using the TV Self Test?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to setup my 2013 TV as a Wireless Access Point?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to set a channel as a Favorite in my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to reset my 2013 TV back to factory default settings?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to register Netflix with my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to register a touch pen to my 2013 Viera Plasma TV?