VIERA® 50" Class X60 Series Plasma HDTV (49.9" Diag.)
- 720p HD resolution
- 600Hz Sub-Field Drive
- 2x HDMI, 1x USB 2.0
- 2013 How to Manually Change your Network Settings
- 2013 How to Setup WIFI
- 2013 How to Program Your Channels
- 2013 First Time Setup
- 2013 How to Perform a TV Self Test
- How to Reset your Panasonic Viera TV
- Watch Video - How to Connect the TV to a Home Theater
- Watch Video - How to Connect an Analog Device to the TV
- 2013 How to Change the Audio Output to PCM
- 2013 How to Turn On the Sleep Timer
- 2013 How to Turn Off the Eco Settings
- 2013 How to Record a Video Message
- 2013 How to Insert a Note on the Home Screen
- 2013 How to Change the Menu Language
- How to Connect External Devices to your TV
- Connecting an Analog Device to a Panasonic 2013 VIERA TV
- Panasonic 2013 VIERA Connection to Devices and Wi-Fi
- Panel —
- Panel Drive 600 Hz Sub-Field Drive
- Picture Mode Vivid/Standard/Custom/Cinema
- Filter —
- Shades of Gradation 6,144 gradation steps
- 1080 Pure Direct —
- DCI 98% Color Space —
- Super Clear Resolution —
- Dot Noise Reduction —
- isf Mode —
- 24p Playback (3:2)/24p Smooth Film yes/—
- Hexa-Processing Engine —
- 3D Type —
- 3D 24p Cinema Smoother —
- 2D-3D Conversion —
- 3D Motion Remaster —
- Dedicated 3D Eyewear —
- Speakers Full Range x 2
- Speaker Output 20 W (10 + 10)
- Surround Mode V-Audio
- my Home Screen —
- Camera Integrated —
- Voice Interaction —
- Voice Guidance —
- Touch Pad Controller —
- Electronic Touch Pen —
- eHelp —
- Product Support Center —
- VIERA Remote2
- VIERA Remote2 (Smartphone App) —
- Swipe and Share2.0 —
- Browse and Share —
- Remote Play —
- App Launcher —
- Smart Calibration —
- VIERA Connect —
- Online Movies —
- Web Browser* —
- Display Mirroring —
- Skype on TV —
- Media Player
- Media Player (Picture/Movie/Music) yes
- Support Format MKV/MP4, MP3, JPEG
- DLNA —
- Bluetooth Compatible** —
- Eco Navigation —
- C.A.T.S. yes
- Energy Star —
- Design Concept —
- HDMI Input 2 (2 rear)
- Support Feature Audio Return Channel (Input 2)
- Component Video Input shared with Composite RCA phono type x 1 (rear)
- USB2.0 1
- SD Card —
- Ethernet —
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (rear)
- Headphone Jack —
- Service Port —
Power SupplyAC 120 V, 60 Hz
- Screen Size Diagonal (inches) 49.9
- On mode Average Power Consumption 129 W
- Rated Power Consumption 265 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.3 W
Display Resolution1,024 (W) x 768 (H)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (w/o stand) 46.6" x 28.2" x 3.2" (General depth: 2.5")
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (with stand) 46.6" x 29.8" x 10.5"
- Weight (w/o stand) 45.2 lbs.
- Weight (with stand) 47.7 lbs.
- Swivel Angle —
- Optional Wall Bracket TY-WK4P1RW
- Operating Temperature 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard US: UL60065/FCC Parts15; CANADA: CSA C22,2/IC BETS-7
- VESA Compatible —
- Carton Dimensions (W x H x D) 53.0" x 31.4" x 10.0"
- Gross Weight (with stand) 59.6 lbs.
- Warranty yes (1 year)
- NOTE * The Web Browser cannot display some web pages correctly. And viewable contents by VIERA Web Browser are subject to the following conditions; / - viewable contents may vary depend on models, / - viewable contents may differ from those for PC, / - viewable contents may be limited. / ** HID (Human Interface Device Profile) compliant keyboards are available. A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) compliant audio devices are available.
Will the touch pad on a keyboard work with the TV?
Why won't my subtitle file playback?
You will need to place your video file and the subtitle file in their own folder together.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to set a channel as a Favorite in my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to reset my 2013 TV back to factory default settings?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to program channels into my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to check the signal strength of a channel on my 2013 TV?
- Where can I find a tutorial on how to change the Picture Mode of my 2013 TV?
What should I do if my TV is making a buzzing or humming noise?
Mute the TV to verify if the issue is with a blown speaker. If the noise is still heard with the TV muted, unplug all connected devices from the TV. If the noise goes away, connect the devices back to the TV one at a time to determine which device is causing the noise. Contact the manufacturer of the device causing the issue for further troubleshooting. If the noise does not go away when you disconnect all devices, try connecting the TV directly into the wall with no surge protector. If the noise goes away, you may need to replace your surge protector. If the noise does not go away, inspect your screen for cracks or other signs of damage to the TV. If there are no cracks, make sure that your TV is not located at a high altitude such as 7,000 ft. or more above sea level.
What should I do if my remote is not working?
- Ensure that no object, such as a center speaker or soundbar, is blocking the bottom front of the TV.
- Check that the batteries are fresh, are of the same type and are installed with the correct polarity (+ & -).
- Try a remote reset by removing the batteries and pressing every button on the remote twice. Lastly, re-insert the batteries.
What mobile devices are compatible with the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App?
The Panasonic TV Remote 2 App is compatible with iPhone 3G or later, iPod touch, iPad, and all Android phones or tablets.
What is the Panasonic TV Remote 2 App?
The Panasonic TV Remote 2 App is an application software that allows an iPhone, iPod touch, iPod, or Android device to remotely control certain Panasonic Plasma TVs and LCD TVs (branded VIERA). Basic remote control functions can be activated by tapping the touch panel of the mobile device.
What is the bolt pattern or mounting holes of my TV?
Pattern: 400 mm x 300 mm \/ Bolt size: M8 \/ Length: Varies with mount
The remote control for my Panasonic device is no longer functioning. Is there a remote control code available that will enable me to use another manufacturer's remote to operate this device?
You will have to contact the remote's manufacturer for the codes needed.
Is it necessary to do a connection test each time I turn the TV before I enjoy online movies?
Once you turn on your television, it may take up to 60 seconds for the TV to identify your network settings and connect back to your network. Please allow time for the television to make that connection.
How to remove the black bars from the top and bottom of the picture?
Press the [FORMAT] button on the remote to remove the black bars from the top and bottom . The option available to remove the horizontal bars is "Zoom".
How do I test the TV's network connection?
Press [MENU] > Network > Network status. This will test and display the connection status graphically and give you four choices (Try again, Status details, Help, Done) to proceed.
How do I select an input?
Press the [INPUT] button on the remote. Highlight the input using the [Up] and [Down] arrow buttons and then press [OK] to select the correct input.
How do I search for a wireless network?
Press Menu > Network > Network Connection. You will then be given an option of "Quick Setup" or "Custom" to search for networks.
How do I reset the "Lock" setting if I have forgotten the "Password"?
Reset the TV. Resetting the TV will erase all settings in the TV, including picture calibrations.
1. Turn the TV power on.
2. While holding the [Vol-] button on the TV, press and hold down the [MENU] button, on the remote control, for more than 3 seconds.
3. Once "Self Check" appears, hold down the power button, on the TV, until the TV powers off.
How do I receive Closed Captioning when a set top box is connected to my TV with an HDMI cable?
The CC can be displayed on the TV if the receiver (such as a set-top box or satellite receiver) has the CC set to "On". Contact your cable or satellite company to have the closed captioning activated in the set-top box.
How do I know if the picture is in High Definition?
Press the [INFO] or [Recall] button on the TV's remote control to confirm the type of signal being received. An HD signal should be 720p, 1080i or 1080p.To ensure HD picture, select a High Definition channel from your HD source (Cable, Satellite or fiber optic service). Note that even when the TV receives 720p, 1080i or 1080p signal, the picture may not be in HD because channels sometimes broadcast non-HD content.Also, ensure that your HD source (HD box, Blu-ray player, etc.) is connected to the TV with an HDMI or Component cable and set to output an HD video signal.
How do I know if my TV is working properly?
The TV has a built-in self diagnostic feature to confirm that it is operating properly. To access, press [MENU] and select "TV self test" from the Help menu. Following the test, the TV should display a high definition sample picture and play a melody.
How do I connect my external speakers to the TV?
External speakers cannot be directly connected to the TV. The TV must be connected to an audio system. Use the HDMI-ARC (Audio Return Channel) feature with a compatible home theater or a sound bar. For a stereo system or receiver without ARC, use an optical cable. If your audio system does not have an optical input, then use an Optical to Stereo converter or connect your external device (Cable box, DVD player, etc.) directly to the audio system.
How do I connect headphones or a Stereo Receiver to this TV?
Option 1) If your Stereo Receiver has a digital audio-in connector (toslink), then use an optical cable to connect it to the TV's DIGITAL AUDIO OUT. You can plug headphones into your stereo and set the stereo to match the output the optical cable is connected to.
Option 2) Connect a Dolby Digital Ready Digital-to-Analog(DAC) audio converter to the TV's DIGITAL AUDIO OUT and connect your headphones or stereo to the DAC converter using red and white rca audio cables.
How do I change my input labels?
Press "Edit labels" [RED] button, from "Input select" menu. Alternatively, press [MENU] > Setup > Display Customization > Input Labels.
How do I access First Time Setup after the initial setup?
Press [MENU] > Setup > System > Factory Defaults. This will reset the TV and rerun the First Time Setup. Please note: 1. The TV's memory will be cleared. All settings will be erased.2. Downloaded Apps (Viera Connect models) will need to be reinstalled.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
Do I need a digital converter box to use an antenna on this TV?
Connections: What is HDMI ARC?
ARC allows the TV to play the audio from TV programming (or another source device) through a home theater system or an external A/V amplifier device connected to the TV's HDMI (ARC) connection.
Connections: How do I connect my TV to audio equipment using HDMI ARC?
Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI connection on the back of the TV labeled HDMI 1 (ARC). Then connect the other end of the HDMI cable to an ARC enabled HDMI connection on your A/V receiver.
Can I change the size of my closed captioning?
Digital signals do allow the TV to change the font size. Enter the TV's Setup menu and then select CC or Closed Captioning. Then select the Digital Setting option. Finally use the right arrow to change the Font Size